Sunday, July 29, 2012

Expectations on Love to be a Conformist


Some asshole came up with the quote “love makes the world go around”, I’m not saying that this quote doesn’t mean anything or is wrong but I would like you to put in more thought on the word “love”. Love? Love! Looove *saliva oozes*. Most of my friends seem to utter this word with such ease and little thought. Is this word used figuratively for expressing intricate or entwined emotions that could not be love???

               I watched The Tourist last week, there was a scene where Angelina Jolie explained the significance of a theory by the mythical Greek Goddess of love. The two facets of a person, good and bad, to love someone one must embrace both sides of that person. This set my dim-witted brain to work, it struck me at that moment that we don’t usually love the two sides of a person.

               Tamil movies have the worst portrayal of love and the tendency to make you stupid as an additional criterion. Almost all tamil movies come with a similar concept, guy sees girl, and VOILA! He’s head over heels for that girl *face palm*.  The next 1 hour of the movie drags on his pursuit for his senorita. When she finally accepts, she says “I love you” and gives him a smile. The guy then bursts with joy, thank heavens he doesn’t ejaculate in joy.  The next 5 minutes goes for a dreary song *bangs head on wall*. I know what you’re thinking; I gave up on Kollywood a long time ago.

               Moving on, the only people who can really love you are your family. They have had to deal with you for the all the years they have been with you. They have seen you shitty and they have seen you witty, they still put up with you and are always there for you no matter what. It’s hard to see the love because you have been exposed to it for like forever and different families have various ways of showing their affection. IE: my Mom shouts at me if I do something wrong, it sounds bad but she’s actually correcting my mistakes out of love.

When you see affection and politeness from outer sources such as friends, colleagues and more, it acts like a magnet pulling you toward them (numerous get amused by this thinking their being loved). Be warned that a handful of them are just masks of kindness and goodness reluctant to show their other side, DO NOT be fooled into laying your green pastures of love on them too soon for you may not love the hidden countenance. Take your time with people, get to know them downright, in and out.

Personally, I prefer to say I like you to a person till I’m sure that I love that person. Now ask yourself, do u love Steven Joel? LOL.  Just kidding. =P
Just ask yourself if what you’re feeling is love.

No comments: